In our center, a full range of immune therapies are used to treat cancer patients.Although hyperthermia and dendritic cell vaccinations are the primary forms of treatment, there are also several other complementary therapies that are incorporated, depending on the needs of the individual.The main goals of these innovative immune therapies are to restore and maximize immune function. The other goal is to destroy cancer cells without introducing toxic agents that can have a negative impact on immune function and on patient’s quality of life.
Multivitamins, minerals, trace elements and antioxidants
Antioxidants include vitamins and minerals that quench the oxidants which are the by-product of fighting infections and destroying cancer cells. While antioxidants can be obtained from a good diet, IV therapy provides these nutrients efficiently at much higher levels, which have been found to be significantly more therapeutic in combating cancer.Researchers have found that cancer patients are often low in antioxidants and other nutrients essential in preventing and combating cancer. Causes of this depletion include:
- Inflammation and infection
- Radiation and chemotherapy
- The process of aging, which impairs digestion, reducing nutrient levels
- Diets deficient in micronutrients due to over-farmed soil, transport of food, and other commercial agricultural practices
- The body’s attempts to destroy cancer cells